D&DPower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D&DPower

The forum for our D&D group, so you can stop piling emails in my inbox!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Characters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Acedrow
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
Acedrow

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:35 pm

Hey guys, could you give me a basic idea of your characters? Race, templates, class, background and personality info would be nice. Also if you don't know, My campaign takes place in Arcania, a land embroiled in war. Ethradech and Yer'raya are mercilessly waging war on the peaceful and just nations of the land. The main combatants right now are Achold and Ranis.
Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
The Dungeon Master

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:42 pm

Brace thyself, and be sure to write down relevant information:
Azarail Lyemar
Urban Ranger 6
Spellwarped Feytouched Half-Elf
Aberration (elf)
Medium Size
Male
Chaotic Good
no deity
5' 11''
195 lbs.
Appearance: silver hair, grayish-blue eyes, odd marking appears around eyes when spell absorption is in effect
Str 18
Dex 21
Con 14
Int 16
Wis 17
Cha 17
HP: 50
Base Attack Bonus: +6/+1
Attacks: +2 cold iron bastard sword +12/+7 (1d10+7/19-20)
+1 composite longbow(+4 Str) +12/+7 (1d8+5/X3)
+1 silver bastard sword +11/+6 (1d10+5/19-20)
+1 warhammer +11/+6 (1d8+5/X3)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 70 feet (14 squares)
Grapple: +10
Fortitude: +7
Reflex: +10
Will:+5
Armor Class: 28 (+4 armor, +2 shield, +5 Dex, +2 natural, +1 deflection, +4 monk)
Skills: Climb +13, Diplomacy +16, Gather Information +14, Jump +36, Perception +13, Search +4, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +16, Survival +12, Tumble +16
Feats: Urban TrackingB, TrackB, EnduranceB, Exotic Weapon Proficiency(bastard sword), Leap of the Heavens, Combat ExpertiseB, Quick Draw
Racial Traits: half-elf traits, spell absorption, immunity to mind-affecting effects
Class Features: favored enemy (+4 humanoid(human)/Ethradech, +2 outsider(evil)/Yer'raya), distracting attack, spiritual connection
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Draconic, Infernal
Possessions: combat gear, gloves of Dexterity +2, periapt of Wisdom +2, cloak of Charisma +2, ring of force shield, ring of protection +1, boots of striding and springing, 2 potions of cure light wounds, potion of cure moderate wounds, Heward's handy haversack, 2 sleeve blades (+8/+3, 1d4+4/19-20), 2 boot blades (+8/+3, 1d4+4/19-20), 535 gp

Born to a half-elf mother by an unknown half-fey half-elf father, Azarail has always had it tough. Subject to odd magics during birth, Azarail has had a an odd relationship to magic, being resistant to some types and immune to others. Orphaned after a half-fiend razes his half-elf-dominant village and killed his mother, he bgan living in the streets of [insert major city here]. There he was trained by a poor swordmaster, who taught him the ways of the streets and showed him the horrors the poor are subject to every day, imbuing him with sympathy for the oppressed. After his mentor was slain by Ethradech soldiers with an axe to grind, Azarail became a mercenary and bounty hunter. His history at this point is foggy, but it is known that he performed soem rather unsavory deeds. When the war broke out, Azarail saw a chance for atonement on the battlefield fighting the human and fiendish servants of Ethradech and Yer'raya.

The following won't make a lot of sense if you don't haev Player's Handbook II, though you might understand some:
Personality Archtypes: Daredevil, Leader, Rebel, Wanderer
Personality Traits: Bold, Calm, Carefree, Connected, Driven, Flamboyant, Loyal, Merciful, Reformed
PH II content ends here.
Relations: Azarail is the cousin of Llyrael. His mother is the sister of Azarail's mother.

Notes: In the favored enemy entry, Ethradech and Yer'raya are specified as the government of those countries, which includes the military of said countries as long as they are part of the government.

Last edited by The Dungeon Master on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://danddragons.forumotion.com
rock559
b0wd
b0wd
rock559

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Brace thyself, and be sure to write down relevant information:
Llyrael
Swordsage 5/Rogue 1
Half-Celestial Half-Elf
Outsider (native)
Medium Size
Male
Neutral Good
Bahamut
5' 10'
130 lbs.
Appearance: white wings, silver hair and eyes, pale skin
Str 16
Dex 18 (+2 for gloves)
Con 18
Int 14
Wis 20 (+2 for periapt)
Cha 14 (+2 for cloak)
HP: 56
Base Attack Bonus: +4

Not going to post the rest of the info yet, plus this is probably enough.

Other character:

Elilon Lorrideth
Druid 10
Vanara
Not sure about type
Medium Size
Male
Chaotic Neutral
no deity
5' 6''
140 lbs.
Appearance: looks like a monkey
Str 10
Dex 16 (+2 for gloves)
Con 14
Int 14
Wis 18 (+4 for periapt)
Cha 10
HP: 82
Base Attack Bonus: +7/+2
Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
The Dungeon Master

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:55 pm

And my second character:
Kolavras (Dreamer)
Telepath 5/ Quori nightmare 3
Phrenic Kalashtar
Humanoid (psionic)
Medium size
Male
Chaotic Good
no deity
6' 4''
147 lbs.
Appearance: black hair, charming, radiant (literally)
Str 8
Dex 15
Con 13
Int 23
Wis 10
Cha 20
HP: 31
Base Attack Bonus +4
Attacks: Quarterstaff +4 (1d6)
Disturbing touch +7 (1d6+3/ DC 18 or be shaken)
Speed: 30 feet
Initiative: +2
Grapple: +3
Fortitude: +4
Reflex: +5
Will: +7
Save notes: +4 perfection poison and drugs, +2 racial mind-affecting, immune dream, nightmare, mind shielding
Armor Class: 24 (+4 armor, +2 Dex, +1 natural, +1 deflection, +6 exalted)
Skills: Bluff +18, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +27 (+29 with good creatures), Disguise +5(+7 to act in character, +7 to pretend to be human) Gather Information +16, Intimidate +20, Knowledge (the planes) +16, Sense Motive +14(+16 with good creatures)
Feats: Psycrystal Affinity, Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Vow of AbstinenceB, Nimbus of LightB
Racial Traits: kalashtar traits, Mindlink 4/day, psi-like abilities
Class features: psycrystal, nightmare shroud, nightmare touch, sustenance, endure elements
Languages: Common, Riedransee note, Quorisee note, Draconic
Possessions: quarterstaff, simple clothes
Psi-like Abilities: (manifester level 8th): 3/day defensive precognition, empty mind, mind thrust 1/day force screen, body adjustment, brain lock, aversion, blastsee note
Power points: 68
Powers known: 1st: energy ray, psionic charm, primal fear, telempathic projection
2nd: brain lock, read thoughts, cloud mind, psionic suggestion, swarm of crystals, psionic tongues
3rd: false sensory input, energy bolt, dispel psionics, crisis of breath
4th: psionics dominate, psionic modify memory, psionic dimension door

A mysterious traveler from a far-off land. Kolavras' story tells of a mystical land where psions rule and powers of the mind trump magic. His people, the kalashtar, powerful psions with a link to the mysterious quori spirits of the Dream Plane, ruled over the less-gifted humans compassionately. But some humans rebelled, and calling forth powerful and dark quori, they staged a coup. Calling themselves the Inspired, they mercilessly slaughtered or enslaved every kalashtar and established human supremacy. But Kolavras' mentor, during his research, discovered something terrible: the Inspired had no free will, for they were being controlled by the evil quori, who were servants of the Dreaming Dark, a group that desires planar domination. Learning this information came with a terrible price, and after Kolavras was told the story, Inspired assassins struck form the shadows. Using his last will, his mentor created a very powerful teleport nexus, shunting Kolavras to a faraway realm, telling his apprentice with his dying words "to live, to keep hope. Fear is the greatest foe, and the greatest ally. Live long, Dreamer." Then Kolavras was gone.
Re-emerging in [insert good country here], Kolavras swore to honor his master's last words, living free and without fear. He has forsworn material possessions, claiming all he needs is positive thoughts to be truly happy. It appears to be working.
On a side note, Kolavras has noticed an interesting phenomenon: even though kalashtar don't normally dream, ever since he came here, he is able to, htough not in the traditional sense. He doesn't make contact with the Region of Dreams, but instead shapes dreamscapes within his own mind.

The following section will only make sense if you have Player's Handbook II:
Personality Archtypes: Companion, Renegade, Wanderer
Personality Traits: Calm, Charming, Exotic, Kind, Loyal, Merciful, Peaceful, Skilled
PH II content ends here.

Notes: I assumed that melee touch attacks use Dex to modify.
The languages Riedran and Quori are Eberron-exclusives. Are you going to use them, or can they be replaced by other languages?
The Expanded Psionics Handbook states that I should get the psionic power "blast", even though no such power exists. I will find a suitable replacement.

Last edited by The Dungeon Master on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
The Dungeon Master

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:14 pm

Linden, here's some information you might want to record:
Saving Throws
Initiative
Perception modifiers
Armor Class
Resistances and immunities
Other important information
Put it on note cards. That way, it doesn't make us paranoid when you ask for Perception checks. You can make them secretly.
Back to top Go down
rock559
b0wd
b0wd
rock559

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:18 pm

I don't know, man...I'd rather make my own perception checks. I'd rather be paranoid than ignorant.
Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
The Dungeon Master

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:19 pm

What I mean is the passive checks and saves.
Like if you unknowingly drink poison, it kind of gives away that you're drinking poison if the DM asks for a Fort save.
You can make your own Perception checks, though to compensate, you will have to continuously make them.
You don't consciously look for something passively.
And the DM does have the right to make such chekcs, whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
rock559
b0wd
b0wd
rock559

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:03 pm

I say it's taking the game out of the hands of the players, which is never a good thing.

And I have the right to complain, whether you like it or not.
Back to top Go down
galenthemostawsome
Head Short Person
Head Short Person
galenthemostawsome

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:06 am

I agree with Dylan on this one. If you have to make, say, a listen check because a monster is sneaking up on you. If you don't expect it then you wont make an effort on the listen check. If the DM asks you to make the check you know there is something to listen to and you get suspicious. If the DM makes the check for you the game is more realistic because you still have no idea that you are about to be attacked if you fail the check. (If thats how listen works for the DM. I wouldn't know really.)

One more thing. What am I in Lindens campain. Maby I can try to make my own character for once!
Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
The Dungeon Master

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 11:08 am

Galen, I don't think it matters, as Ben and I made a bunch of characters anyway (like two each). You were supposed to be arcane spellcaster, but you can do whatever now.
Back to top Go down
rock559
b0wd
b0wd
rock559

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 2:35 pm

On passive checks-
It may be more realistic, and it may be what's agreed upon. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Back to top Go down
The Dungeon Master
Lord of the Rings
Lord of the Rings
The Dungeon Master

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 10:09 am

Fine.
Back to top Go down
rock559
b0wd
b0wd
rock559

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:31 pm

Mo' Characters:

Skarl: A wyrmling bronze dragon who was abandoned by his parents for unknown reasons. He has enlisted in the military to make his fortune.

Ath'tyvel Lafali has also come to seek fame and power. Described in other topic.

Yeah, I know this post was kind of useless. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
DM Backup System
Orc Minion
DM Backup System

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:04 pm

munkeyman wrote:
Im a orc, with a HUGE AXE Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil and I shoot fireballs, and i can fly, and turn inviible, and make acid, and shoot water, and can grw a beard, and cna make munkeys fly too, and cna swim forever, and drink a whole ocean, and cna fly and oops i alredy sed htat
And you can't spell, and you have no idea how D&D works, and you use too many emoticons, and you're an idiot, and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Characters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Characters   Characters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characters
Page 1 of 1